BVAC Grand Prix
Bromley Veterans AC Grand Prix Rules 2018/2019
The Grand Prix is a selection of 10 popular local events over a period of 12 months starting around February. The series includes a range of distances between 5 miles and half marathon with a variety of road, multi-terrain and cross-country. Some courses are flat and some are more undulating but are always suitable for all members.
- Sunday 18th February - Tunbridge Wells half marathon
- Friday 30th March – Folkestone 10 miles
- Sunday 8th April - Paddock Wood half-marathon
- Monday 7th May - Ted Pepper 10K
- Sunday 13th May – Darent Valley 10K
- Sunday 10th June - High Elms 10K
- Sunday 24th June - North Downs 30K
- Sunday 7th October – Tonbridge half marathon
- Sunday ?14thOctober - Petts Wood 10K
- January 2019 - Canterbury 10 miles
- Any 2 of the KFL meetings (best 2 to count)
The final table will be taken from ‘best 8 scores’ in those 12 events so Bromley Vets are able to miss up to 4 events but still have the opportunity to gain maximum points.
Points will be allocated to each finisher in each series event according to their WAVA rating for that event. Therefore if 9 people complete a race the person with the highest WAVA score will get 9 points, the second person 8 etc:
- Club members will be automatically included in the GP but may opt-out;
- Participants must be a first claim member for the main club prize but there is also a prize for the best second claim;
- Participants’ WAVA rating for the event, based on their chip time will be the basis on which points are awarded;
- Participants must run in club colours;
- Organisers’ published results must show your affiliated club as Bromley Veterans AC;
- Final award winner must have completed at least 6 events.
The highest cumulative total at the end of 12 events from each participant's best scoring 8 events will count towards the finishing places, taken from the official published results and trophy awarded on that basis.
If any Bromley Vet participates in a nominated GP event they will automatically be entered into the competition unless they ask to opt out.
Participation by BVAC members in the Grand Prix is voluntary, and points will be allocated according to the official results list issued by the specific race director or chip timing company.
At the conclusion of the series in January 2018 the trophy will be awarded at the AGM to the person in 1st place providing they have run in a minimum of 6 events.
Good luck to all those taking part.
Latest News & Information
2018-19 Kent Road Race Grand Prix
Six of the ten races in the BVAC Grand Prix are also part of the Kent Road Race Grand Prix:
Canterbury 10 - 21st January
Tunbridge Wells half marathon - 18th February
Folkestone 10 - 30th March
High Elms 10K - 10th June
North Downs 30K - 24th June
Tonbridge half marathon - 7th October
BVAC and its members, affiliated to KCCA, will be entered into the Grand Prix team competitions automatically
Individual competitions, best 6 scores from 10 races. Team competitions, best 8 scores from 10 races
Mens team competition, top 6 from each club score down to 100th place; Womens team competition, top 4 from each club score down to 50th place
Individual Competition: Sen Men score down to 100th place; Sen Women to 50th; M40 to 20th; M50 to 10th; M60 to 10th; F35 to 10th; F45 to 10th; F55 to 5th.